If you have a penchant for travel and photography, you might be looking for the best travel captions for Instagram to ensure your post stands out. You’re in luck, because we’ve scoured the internet for all the most captivating and fun travel photo captions for Instagram.
The 350+ captions for travelling photos that you’ll find in this article capture a wide variety of themes, moods, and trips. Whether your photo is about mountain climbing, tanning on the beach, exploring a new city, or trying new food, these journey captions and wanderlust captions for Instagram will have you covered.
So, if you’re looking for the perfect caption about travelling and don’t know where to start, let’s take a look at these cheeky, empowering, thumb-stopping best travel captions for Facebook and Instagram. If you can’t travel at the moment, you can find plenty of throwback travel captions too.
You might also be interested in:
🏝 300+ Beach Quotes & Captions for Instagram
🌅 300 Catchy Sunset Captions for Instagram
🏔 200+ Hiking Quotes & Captions for Instagram
💧 180 Waterfall Quotes & Captions for Instagram
🌟 Best Travelling Captions Instagram
The best Instagram captions for travel pics are short, catchy, and memorable. The following cheeky traveller captions can be paired with a variety of travel shots to grab your audience’s attention.
- Take only memories, leave only footprints.
- I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- Don’t worry. Beach happy.
- An adventure a day keeps the doctor away.
- Not all classrooms have four walls.
- Vacation state of mind.
- Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak.
- Permanently out of office.
- One life. One world. Explore it.
- I have an insane calling to be where I’m not.
- Oh, the places you’ll go!
- When in doubt, just travel.
- Work, Travel, Save, Repeat.
- Travel more, worry less.
- Vacation mode: on.
- To unpathed waters and undreamed shores.
- The world is yours to explore.
- Collect moments, not things.
- Come, get lost with me.
- Work hard, travel harder.
- Adventure awaits. Go find it!
- Life is not meant to be lived in one place.
- I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
🏝 Classic Captions About Traveling
Here are some more best Instagram captions for traveling — short, catchy, and classic sayings that will inspire wanderlust. These IG travel captions are also perfect for beach and vacation shots.
- My favorite thing is to go where I’ve never been.
- Born to roam. Everywhere is home.
- Keep calm and travel on.
- Love is the food of life, travel is dessert.
- Sky above, sand below, peace within.
- Let the adventure begin.
- If traveling was free, you’d never see me again.
- Find a beautiful place and get lost.
- We have nothing to lose and a world to see.
- Finding paradise wherever I go.
- Let your dreams take flight.
- The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
- To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live.
- Happiness is… a well-deserved vacation.
- It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
- Don’t let your dreams be dreams.
- Life is a trip. Plan your next vacation.
- The world is big, and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark.
- All you need is love and a passport.
- Living my best life – one plane ticket at a time.
- Go where you feel the most alive.
- Not all those who wander are lost.
- Travel is the healthiest addiction.
- Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all.
😂 Funny Travel Instagram Captions
If you’re looking for funny traveling captions, here are some cheeky and hilarious lines that will lighten the mood. You’ll also find plenty of fun puns on this list!
- I need 6 months of vacation twice a year.
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m headed to the airport.
- Having to unpack my suitcase after vacation is like the ultimate emotional baggage.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a plane ticket and that’s kind of the same thing.
- Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should go to the beach.
- I thought I wanted a career. Turns out, I just want a paycheck to buy plane tickets.
- I googled my symptoms. Turns out I just needed to go on a vacay.
- I want someone to look at me like I look at Google Flights.
- Traveling is like a chocolate box. Doesn’t matter what you get. All is good.
- I follow my heart… and it usually leads me to the airport.
- It can’t all be sunshine and piña coladas… but it is right now.
- All you need is
- Work tip: Stand up. Stretch. Buy a ticket. Go to the airport and never return.
- I like to travel, plane and simple.
- I decided to skip ahead to the part of my life where I travel the world.
- All I need is a 3-month vacation four times a year. That’s really not asking for much.
- BRB, going to soak up some vitamin sea.
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- Calories don’t count when you’re on vacation.
- BBN. Be back never.
- Stung by the travel bug. There’s no way back.
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- How does the ocean say hello? It waves.
- ‘Knock, knock!’ ‘RV’ ‘RV who?’ ‘RV there yet?’
- It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting.
- I travel so my life isn’t disrupted by routine.
- Reality called, so I hung up.
😎 More Funny Travel Photo Captions
Here are some more funny travel captions for Instagram that capture our passion for traveling. These cheeky puns and sassy jokes will make hilarious Insta captions for travel photos.
- I don’t know the question, but travel is definitely the answer.
- OOO indefinitely.
- Good things come to those who book flights.
- PSA: Update your address book—I live here now.
- I love those days when my only decision is window or aisle.
- I wish that road trips could pay my bills.
- When nothing goes right, just go left.
- Running to the gate is my cardio.
- A change of latitude would help my attitude.
- Catch flights, not feelings.
- Me: “I want to travel more”. My bank account: “Like, to the park?”
- In a relationship with: my passport.
- Beach, please.
- I was gonna share a time travel joke, but you guys didn’t like it.
- Yeah working is great but have you tried traveling?
- I’m in a complicated relationship with my suitcase.
- Nothing lasts forever, except the day before you start your vacation.
- This is my resting beach face.
- I fernly beleaf my tree puns are qualitree.
- One of the reasons I travel solo: I do not have to share all the delicious food!
- Canoe believe how gorgeous this lake is?
- If it requires a bikini, my answer is yes.
- Summer is my favorite sea-sun.
- If traveling was free, BYE!
- I want someone to look at me the way I look at a travel brochure.
- My love for camping is in-tents.
✨ Inspiring Captions for Traveling
If you’re looking for an inspiring caption on travelling that will spark courage and wanderlust, you’ll find plenty of options below. These Instagram captions for travelling help convey that travel can be much more than just a dream.
- Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.
- “I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see.” — Carew Papritz
- The best things happen outside of our comfort zones.
- “There are seven days in a week, and “someday” is not one of them.” — Benny Lewis
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
- Take me away to a place full of surprises.
- Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.
- “The mind was dreaming. The world was its dream.” — Jorge Luis Borges
- When I’m exploring the world is when I feel most at home.
- We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
- The fastest way to expand your horizons is to visit somewhere new.
- “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” — Matthew Karsten
- Travel leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
- Don’t make me walk when I want to fly!
- Don’t call it a travel dream. Call it a plan.
- “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things — air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. All things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” — Cesare Pavese
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” — Saint Augustine
- Live with no excuses, travel with no regrets.
- “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” — Mark Twain
- Travel, because money returns. Time doesn’t.
- A mile of highway will take you a mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere!
- If you never go, you will never know.
- “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport.” — Unknown
- Only going places that spark joy.
- One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way at looking at things.
- “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” — Hilaire Belloc
- “There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.” — Beverly Sills
- I may be going nowhere, but what a ride.
- “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.” — Drew Houston
- The only trip you will regret is the one you didn’t take.
🌎 Short Travel Captions for Instagram
If you’re really looking to keep your travel captions short and straight to the point, then these short captions for travel photos are for you. Some of them are only 2-3 words long but speak volumes.
- My sweet escape.
- The world is waiting.
- Tired feet, happy heart.
- One with the clouds.
- Love at first flight.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Always take the scenic route.
- Views on views.
- Meet me under the palms.
- Got wonderfully lost.
- Never stop your wanderlust.
- Up, up, and away!
- Life is short. Book the trip.
- Life is better in flip flops.
- Born to explore the world.
- Travel is my therapy.
- Spontaneity is the best kind of adventure.
- Every day is an adventure.
- Today is a good day to get lost.
- Stop dreaming, start traveling.
- Suns out, buns out.
- Love, travel. Both amazing, incredible together.
- Head in the clouds.
- Travel is optimism in motion.
- Eat well, travel often.
- Never stop your wanderlust.
- Paradise isn’t a place, it’s a feeling.
- Adventure is worthwhile.
- My home away from home.
- Top of the world!
- Travel while you’re young and able.
- To travel is to live.
- Take me anywhere.
- Never stop exploring.
- Vacation vibes.
- I read, I travel, I become.
- Better than my wildest dreams.
- Wander often, wonder always.
- Ready? Set? Go!
- Heaven on earth.
- Time to explore!
- This is my happy place.
🚵 Adventure Traveling Captions for Instagram
These adventure travel captions are perfect for photos of hikes and other outdoor activities. You can use these travel adventure captions to inspire your audience to get outside their comfort zones.
- Always say yes to new adventures.
- “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” — Jamie Lyn Beatty
- What is life but one grand adventure.
- Life is an adventure, not a package tour.
- The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.
- “Adventure should be part of everyone’s life. It is the whole difference between being fully alive and just existing.” — Holly Morris
- Up in the clouds, on my way to unknown things.
- Travel doesn’t become an adventure, until you leave yourself behind.
- Happiness is landing in a new country.
- At the end of the day, it’s all about dirty feet, messy hair, and sparkling eyes.
- Seek adventures that open your mind.
- Maybe the best moment of your life will be on your next big adventure.
- “We live in a world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” — Jawaharial Nehru
- Take a walk on the wild side.
- Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.
- It’s a road trip! It’s about adventure! …It’s not like we have somewhere to go.
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It’s lethal.” — Paulo Coelho
- Go, fly, road, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.
- “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- When there is no WiFi, you might be about to have an adventure.
- If happiness is the goal — and it should be, then adventures should be a priority.
- Adventure can be an end in itself. Self-discovery is the secret ingredient.
- May every day bring a new adventure.
- “Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it.” — Rick Watson
- “Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures.” — Lovelle Drachman
- Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.
- I do believe it’s time for another adventure.
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- “Carpe Diem. Seize the day. Make your life extraordinary.” — John Keating
🔮 Unique Words as Travel IG Captions
If you’re looking for a unique caption for travelling pics, then these unusual words might interest you. These dictionary-style captions can help you create a post that truly stands out.
- Fernweh (n.) [German] homesickness for a place you’ve never been to; a feeling stronger than wanderlust
- Yūgen (n.) [Japanese] a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe that triggers a deep emotional response
- Morii (n.) the desire to capture a fleeting experience
- Exulansis (n.) the tendency to give up trying to talk about an experence because others are unable to relate to it
- Cockaigne (n.) an imaginary place of extreme luxury and ease
- Resfeber (n.) [Swedish] the racing heartbeat of a traveler before embarking on a journey
- Serendipity (n.) the natural ability of making desirable discoveries by accident
- Rückkehrunruhe (n.) [German] the feeling of returning home after a trip only to find it fading rapidly from your awareness
- Onism (n.) the awareness of how little of the world you’ll experience
- Coddiwomple (v.) to travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination
- Hiraeth (n.) [Japanese] a homesickness for a place which you can’t return to or never was
- Gadabout (n.) a person who travels to many different places, especially for pleasure
- Vemödalen (n.) [Swedish] the frustration of photographing something amazing when thousands of identical photos already exist
- Dérive (n.) [French] a spontaneous journey, led only by the spirit of the landscape
- Nemophilist (n.) a person who is fond of forests or forest scenery
- Sehnsucht (n.) [German] an intense yearning for something far-off and indefinable
- Solivagant (n.) [French] a solitary wanderer
- Wayfarer (n.) a person who travels on foot
- Dépaysement (n.) [French] the good or bad feeling that comes from being in a foreign country
- Numinous (adj.) feeling both fearful and awed by what is before you
- Eleutheromania (n.) [Greek] an irresistible yearning for freedom
- Waldeinsamkeit (n.) [German] the feeling of solitude in the woods
- Resfeber (n.) [Swedish] the tangled feelings of fear and excitement before a journey begins
- Trouvaille (n.) [French] a lucky find
- Selcouth (n.) something unfamiliar, unusual or wondrous
- Ukiyo (n.) [Japanese] living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life
- Peregrinate (v.) to travel or wander around from place to place
- Vorfreude (n.) [German] the joyful anticipation that comes from imagining future pleasures
- Smultronställe (n.) [Swedish] a special place discovered for solace and relaxation
- Schwellenangst (n.) [German] fear of crossing a threshold to embark on something new
🚗 More Trip Captions for Instagram
In this section, you can find a caption for trip photos that works perfectly for road trip shots. You can also find a caption for a trip that’s focused on food, mountains, beaches, and more.
- Will travel for food (and a good sunset).
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” — John Steinbeck
- Backpacking is money spent on education.
- My perfect vacation: feet up, head back, eyes closed.
- “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.” — Robert Frost
- The history of mankind is the instant between two strides taken by a traveler.
- A holiday is not complete without the ocean.
- “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.” — Wendell Berry
- Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
- “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip.” — Babs Hoffman
- I want to make memories all over the world.
- “This is what holidays, travels, vacations are about. It is not really rest or even leisure we chase. We strain to renew our capacity to wonder, to shock ourselves into astonishment once again.” — Shana Alexander
- Travel. Your money will return. Your time won’t.
- “The most dangerous thing you can do in life is play it safe.” — Casey Neistat
- The only thing I love more than traveling is eating. So why not do both at the same time?
- Just go. Go see all the beauty in the world.
- The only thing I love more than traveling is eating. So why not do both at the same time?
- To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
- “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But not matter, the road is life.” — Jack Kerouac
- Happiness is planning a trip to somewhere new.
- No point in unpacking… I’m ready to hit the road again soon!
- Salt in the air. Sand in my hair.
- “Because the greatest part of a road trip isn’t arriving at your destination. It’s all the wild stuff that happens along the way.” — Emma Chase
- Jet lag is for amateurs.
- “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.” — Eugene Fodor
- Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos, kill nothing but time.
- Mountain trips and foggy mornings.
- The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous, and absolutely liberating.
📸 More Captions for Travel Photos
If you’re looking for a catchy and inspiring caption for travel photos, here are some more travel quotes. These best Instagram travel captions cover everything from beach days to road trips.
- Life is short and the world is wide. I better get started.
- “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I travel because I become uncomfortable being too comfortable.” — Carew Papritz
- “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.” — Paulo Coelho
- High tides and good vibes.
- “Wherever you are, be all there.” — Jim Elliot
- I’m all about the palm trees and 80 degrees.
- “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” — Rosalía de Castro
- Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.
- “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float. To gain all while you give. To roam the roads of lands remote. To travel is to live.” — Hans Christian Andersen
- I have 99 problems and traveling is not one of them.
- Sandy toes. Sun-kissed nose.
- “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” — Lewis Carroll
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” — Confucius
- Travel brings power and love back into your life.
- “With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.” — Sandra Lake
- Good vibes happen on the tides.
- No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.
- “A camera teaches you how to see without a camera.” — Dorothea Lange
- I only collect one thing: stamps on my passport.
- Travel as much as you can, travel as far as you can, travel and find yourself.
- “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” — Bill Bryson
- Life is only half lived if you have never got in a car and driven off on the open road.
- “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” — Lao Tzu
- Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” — David Mitchell
- Mermaid kisses and starfish wishes.
- “Just grab a friend and take a ride, together upon the open road.” — The Goofy Movie
- If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light.
🗺 Country-Specific Travel Insta Captions
Here are some funny tourist captions referencing specific countries around the world. Cheeky puns make these travel captions funny, entertaining, and thumb-stopping.
- Czech out the view!
- Rome stole a pizza my heart.
- Paris, I Louvre you!
- You told me it was Chile in South America. But I don’t Bolivia.
- I mean, I’m just China have a good time.
- I really Haiti to leave this place, but it’s time to go home.
- Irish I had an umbrella here in Dublin.
- Paris, I hope our paths will croissant again.
- What Tokyo so long to get to Japan?
- What’s so great about Switzerland? Well, the flag is a big plus.
- Had a (sand)sational time in Dubai!
- Not sure where to find snow in America. Alaska local.
- Let’s taco ’bout going to Mexico.
- Norway I’m going to miss Oslo!
- This goulash soup will make you Hungary.
- I’m Tallinn you this place is awesome!
- Canada is amooseing!
- You don’t walk in Italy, you Rome.
- I want to go to Bora Bora but I’m poora poora.
- I just had a match with someone in South Korea. I think he’s my Seoul mate.
- Eiffel in love with Paris.
- Love to meet people and make new France while traveling.
- Havana good time in Cuba.
- ‘Banff is amazing!’ ‘I Canada disagree with you.’
- How Kenya leave this place?
- Machu Picchu was Inca-redible!
- I just want to Rome the world.
- Thai-m flies when you’re on vacation!
- Find someone who looks at you the way I look at the Eiffel Tower.
- Eye love London!
- No Dutch thing as too many bikes.
- You have no idea Ha long I’ve been waiting pho someone like you.
- Oman, take a look at this view.
- Do you want Togo to Africa?
- Needed to visit Tehran before Iran out of time.
- Alberobello is Trulli amazing.
- A good glass of wine is never Faro way in Portugal.
- I’ve got a Berning desire to go to Switzerland.
- Canyon believe this view?
- Came to Italy to find Rome-ance.
- You will not Bolivia eyes when you see the Salt Flats.
✈️ Journey Captions for Instagram
If you’re looking for more inspiring Insta travel captions, here are some captions for journeys. These travelling captions for Facebook and Instagram encapsulate what we love most about the journey of exploring the world.
- Take a journey that has no destination.
- Journey. Explore. Discover. Repeat.
- “I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived.” — Anna Louise Strong
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” — Lao Tzu
- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” — Anaïs Nin
- Wander without purpose or reason.
- “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do — especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” — Unknown
- A true traveler’s journey is never complete.
- It’s not about the destination, but the journey.
- Life is a journey – enjoy the flight.
- The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.
- “The journey, not the arrival, matters.” — T.S. Eliot
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” — Anthony Bourdain
- Travel not to find yourself, but to remember where you have been all along.
- “This wasn’t a strange place; it was a new one.” — Paulo Coelho
- Let no one keep you from your journey.
- “Some journeys in life can only be traveled alone.” — Ken Poirot
- Fall in love with the journey, not the destination.
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” — Jim Cahill
- “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” — Danny Kaye
- “When overseas, you learn more about your own country than you do the place you’re visiting.” — Clint Borgen
- Travel is not reward for working; it’s education for living.
- “Traveling isn’t always about running away from things, sometimes it’s about running into what you truly want.” — Unknown
- “I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.” — David Bowie
- Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- “He who would travel happily must travel light.” — Antoine de St. Exupery
- “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” — Erol Ozan
- “The journey is part of the experience — an expression of the seriousness of one’s intent. One doesn’t take the A train to Mecca.” — Anthony Bourdain
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” — Melody Truong
🏞 Wanderlust Captions for Instagram
Looking for more cute travel captions for Instagram that are perfect for conveying wanderlust? Here are some of the best travel captions Instagram for those with an undeniable case of restless feet.
- Wanderlust: n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.
- Constantly searching for views that take my breath away.
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
- A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places.
- “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.” — Freya Stark
- To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything.
- Life is not meant to be lived in one place.
- “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” — Asian Proverb
- Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.
- When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.
- What’s on my bucket list? Everywhere!
- “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.” — John Ruskin
- Wanderlust. A desire to travel, to understand one’s very existence.
- “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” — Eric Roth
- This heart of mine was made to travel this world.
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” — Aldous Huxley
- You cannot control the past, but you can control where you go next.
- “You need not even listen, just wait… the world will offer itself freely to you, unmasking itself.” — Franz Kafka
- We wander for distraction, but we travel for purpose.
- If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.
- Quit your job, buy a ticket, get a tan, fall in love, never return.
- Don’t listen to what they say, go and see it for yourself.
- “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” — Caroline Myss
- There is no foreign land, it is the traveler only who is foreign.
- “There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask “What if I fall?” Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” — Erin Hanson
- Already dreaming of my next vacation.
- “Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.” — Michael Palin
- Happiness is looking down at your next destination from your plane window.
- “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.” — The Dalai Lama
🗿 Throwback Captions for Travel
If you miss travelling, captions may be hard to come up with since there’s no present experience to draw inspiration from. These throwback captions for travelling pics are perfect for those #TBT posts.
- Throwing it back to the very best trip.
- So much of who we are is where we have been.
- I still haven’t fully unpacked from this trip.
- “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.” — Anita Desai
- Vacation flashback.
- Take me back.
- Little moments. Big memories.
- Here’s an oldie but a goodie.
- Just wishing I was there again.
- Good times with even better people.
- You don’t need magic to disappear; all you need is a destination.
- I’ve got no money, but lots of memories.
- People forget years and remember moments.
- No matter what happens, travel gives you a story to tell.
- I have a whole world in my camera roll.
- Time flies when you’re having fun.
- Sunshine and good feelings.
- “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen.” — Benjamin Disraeli
- The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.
- I figured it was time for another vacay photo dump.
- If I had a time machine, this is where I’d go.
- Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.
- Travel opens your heart, broadens your mind and fills your life with stories to tell.
- Making the best memories along the way.
- Will I ever stop posting pictures from this trip? Probably not.
- Usually, I like to live in the moment. But right now, I’m enjoying the past.
💔 Missing Travel Captions for Facebook & IG
If you miss travel, captions might be hard to come up with. These miss traveling captions capture our longing to get out and explore. Use one of these travel memories captions for your best throwback shots.
- Waiting to travel again like…
- I need a vacation so long, I forget all my passwords!
- “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” — Terry Pratchett
- My wanderlust is calling.
- Tangled up in trip memories.
- Time flies… until you’re counting down the days to your next vacay.
- BRB, reliving this day.
- Can’t wait to do it all again.
- Bring me back to a time when I could travel the world.
- Restless between adventures.
- I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.
- When the memories hit you.
- Me, then: I’m going to remember this moment forever. Me, now: You were right.
- Tans and jetlag fade, but memories last forever.
- There are so many places I want to see, but my mind keeps going back to here.
- I could go for another morning like this.
- Do you think the beach misses me as much as I miss it?
- I’ll take a one-way ticket back to this moment, please.
- “I live for the nights that I can’t remember with the people that I won’t forget.” — Drake
- If I close my eyes, I can still hear the ocean.
- “We take photographs as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.” — Katie Thurmes
- Daydreaming about this day.
- This vacation will forever live rent-free in my mind.
- I long for margaritas and sunshine.
📝 One Word Caption for Travel
Looking for very simple travel captions for Instagram? Here are some one word travel captions that truly embody the meaning of “short and sweet”. They pair perfectly with a variety of travel shots!
- Daydreaming 🤩
- Namaste 🙏🏽
- Vibin’ ✌🏽
- Mermaid 🧜🏽♀️
- Starstruck 😍
- Sunshine ☀️
🌞 Captions About Travelling: Recap
I hope this list of captions related to travel has given you inspiration for your next social media post. Ultimately, these travel pic captions remind us that the world is filled with wonders waiting to be discovered. Travel dreams don’t need to stay dreams — if we want them badly enough, we can make them happen!
If you’re looking for more good travel captions for Instagram, then don’t forget to check out the best sunset captions, the dreamiest beach quotes, the most inspiring hiking quotes, these adventurous mountain quotes, and these captivating waterfall captions.
📸 My Travel Photography Gear
This is the photography gear I use to capture most of the travel photos in this article. You can also see my recommendations for the best cameras for bloggers for more options other than the ones listed below.
- Cameras: Nikon D610 + Sony a7III (check out the best Sony lenses)
- Main lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8
- Wide-angle lens: Tokina AF 16-28mm f/2.8
- Prime lens: Nikon 50mm f/1.4 G
- Tripod: Manfrotto Element Traveller Tripod (Ball Head)
I hope these 300+ travelling captions for Instagram have inspired you!
For more travel quotes, discover:
🏝 300+ On The Beach Quotes & Funny Beach Captions for Instagram
🌅 300 Catchy Sunset Captions for Instagram & Best Sunset Quotes
🏔 200+ Best Hiking Quotes & Funny Hiking Captions for Instagram
💧 180 Waterfall Quotes & Perfect Waterfall Captions for Instagram
🏞 200+ Best Mountain Quotes & Mountain Captions for Instagram
For more travel inspiration & destinations, discover:
🔮 60+ Fairytale Destinations: The Most Magical Places in the World
🌍 50+ Best Dream Vacations For Your Travel Bucket List
🇺🇸 60+ Best Vacation Spots in the USA: Top Bucket List Places
🚗 10 Days in Europe: 25+ Epic Itineraries + Budget Trips
🚊 3 Weeks in Europe: 15 Perfect Europe Itinerary Ideas [+Hidden Gems!]
🇪🇺 28 Best Hidden Gems in Europe: Epic Secret Spots You Must Visit