Are you looking for some inspirational quotes about mountains, or perhaps, some funny mountain captions for Instagram? From the famous peaks in New Zealand and Italy to the beautiful mountain ranges in Slovakia, our world is filled with stunning hilltops and ridges. So, here are 200+ of the best mountain quotes to inspire us to stay outdoors!
In this article, you’ll find quotes about mountain climbing, moving mountains, living in the mountains, and more. I hope you’ll find these mountain quotes funny, uplifting, inspirational, and thought-provoking (I definitely did!). You should also be able to find a great caption on mountains for your next Instagram post.
You might also be interested in:
✈️ 300+ Best Travel Captions for Instagram
🏔 200+ Hiking Quotes & Captions for Instagram
🌄 300 Epic Sunset Captions for Instagram
🏝 300+ Beach Quotes & Captions for Instagram
🏔 Famous Quotes About the Mountains
If you’re looking for a well-known quote about mountains, you might find these famous mountain quotes inspirational and thought-provoking.
- “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” — John Muir
- “Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained.” — A. Lwow
- “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” — Sir Martin Convay
- “You can’t conquer a mountain, though it may conquer you.” — Jimmy Chin
- “As a mountain you can’t grow, but as a human I can.” — Sir Edmund Hillary
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” — John Muir
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” — Sir Edmund Hillary
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” — Hermann Buhl
- “The hardest mountain to climb is the one within.” — J. Lynn
- “What are men to rocks and mountains?” — Jane Austen
- “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” — Ed Viesturs
- “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity.” — John Muir
📸 Mountain Captions for Instagram
If you’re looking for an Instagram caption for mountains, here are some short, fun, and catchy phrases you can use.
- The mountains are calling and I must go.
- Hike more. Worry Less.
- On a date with mountains. Brb.
- Wake up, it’s adventure and coffee time.
- I am just a mountain girl at heart.
- Climbing my way to bigger and better things.
- Life should have more mountains and less stress.
- Enjoying life in the snow lane.
- Go wild, for a while.
- Coffee. Mountains. Adventure.
- If you need me, you can find me in the mountains.
- Life is better in hiking boots.
- All good things are wild and free.
- Mountains are the soul’s fuel.
- Adventure awaits.
- Feels good to be lost in the right direction.
- Sky above. Earth below. Peace within.
- The mountains are my happy place.
- Find me where the wild things are.
✨ More Mountain Instagram Captions
Here are some more short and catchy mountain picture captions for Instagram.
- Fresh air, don’t care.
- Go where you feel most alive.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- A little more altitude, a little less attitude.
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a lift pass.
- All I need is a mountain breeze and tall trees.
- And into the mountains I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Going to the mountains is going home.
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
- Dear mountains, I think about you all the time.
- Over the mountains and through the woods.
- Everything is better in the mountains.
- Take me to the mountains.
- If it involves mountains, breakfast, coffee, or campfires – I’m in.
- If you think you’ve peaked, find a new mountain.
- There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.
😂 Funny Instagram Captions for Mountains
Here are some funny mountain quotes and funny mountain captions for Instagram. Inevitably, you’ll find tons of hilarious mountain puns captions here too.
- Sometimes, you just need to change your altitude.
- “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.”
- Here is a photo of me and my therapist.
- “The closer you are to nature the further you are from idiots.” — Unknown
- Until further notice, assume that we’re peaking.
- “I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.” — Wislawa Szymborska
- Time in the mountains is always snow much fun.
- “What on earth would I do if four bears came into my camp? Why, I would die of course. Literally shit myself lifeless.” — Bill Bryson
- “Feeling LOW? Go on mountains.” — Prajakta Mhadnak
- “Sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.” — Unknown
- “There’s nothing but a fine line between ‘hell’ and ‘hill’.” — Unknown
- Life’s a mountain, not a beach.
- “What a funny world we live in when we won’t turn our phones off, yet we get excited to see we’ve hiked far enough to lose service.” — Unknown
🌄 Short Mountain Quotes for Instagram
Here are some inspirational short mountain quotes that are honest and thought-provoking. Some of these short quotes about mountains also make great captions for mountain pictures.
- “When life gives you mountains, put on your boots and hike.” — Unknown
- “The mountains whisper for me to wander; my soul hikes to the call.” — Angie Weiland-Crosby
- “Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so… get on your way!” — Dr. Seuss
- “I go to seek a great perhaps.” — John Green
- “No single mountain ever came to me… so I always go to them.” ― Erik Tanghe
- “Nothing lives long, only the earth and mountains.” — Dee Brown
- “I am never lost in the mountains, it’s where I find myself.” — Unknown
- “Without the energy that lifts mountains, how am I to live?” ― Mirabai
- “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” — Unknown
- “The mountains were there and so was I.” — Maurice Herzog
- “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!” — John Muir
- “There is always a mountain ahead, that must be conquered.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “I learn something every time I go into the mountains.” — Michael Kennedy
- “Life is better when you’re surrounded by your best friends in the mountains.” — Unknown
- “I was overlooking the heights and I felt somewhere in between!” ― Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- “God’s gift to the world are the Trees, Sun, and Mountains” ― Roland R Kemler
- “Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” ― Jeffrey Rasley
- “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” — Amit Kalantri
🧗🏻♀️ Quotes About Climbing Mountains
Here are some quotes on mountain climbing that very well depict the struggles and joys of the journey. Some of these inspirational climbing quotes & mountain hiking quotes are from famous mountaineers themselves, such as Sir Edmund Hillary.
- “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” — L. Tejada-Flores
- “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” — Greg Child
- “Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons. Science is used to raise money for the expeditions, but you really climb for the hell of it.” — Sir Edmund Hillary
- “Mountains are both journey and destination. They summon us to climb their slopes, explore their canyons, and attempt their summits.” ― TA Loeffler
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddam mountain.” — Jack Kerouac
- “Climbing a mountain represents a chance to be briefly free of the small concerns of our common lives, to strip off nonessentials, to come down to the core of life itself: food, shelter, and friends.” ― Mateo Cabello
- “There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” — Alex Lowe
- “The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” — Conrad Anker
- “Remember that time spent on a rock climb is not subtracted from your lifespan.” — Unknown
- “Getting to the top of any given mountain was considered much less important than how one got there: prestige was earned by tackling the most unforgiving routes with minimal equipment, in the boldest style imaginable.” — Jon Krakauer
- “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.”
- “You climb to reach the summit, but once there, discover that all roads lead down.”
- “The higher you climb on the mountain, the harder the wind blows.” — Sam Cummings
- “Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.”
- “When preparing to climb a mountain – pack a light heart.” — Dan May
Related: 50+ Best Gifts for Hikers, Campers, & Backpackers in 2023
🖼️ Inspiring Hill Quotes & Mountain Sayings
If you’re looking for a caption about hills, here are some short quotes about hills and valleys.
- “In a flat country, a hillock thinks itself a mountain.” — Turkish Proverb
- “It’s just a hill, get over it.” — Unknown
- “Just remember, once you’re over the hill you begin to pick up speed.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Some hills are each only a few centimeters short of being a mountain.” ― M. Mokhonoana
- “The higher the hill, the stronger the wind: so the loftier the life, the stronger the enemy’s temptations.” — John Wycliffe
- “Being positive is like going up a mountain. Being negative is like sliding down a hill. A lot of times, people want to take the easy way out, because it’s basically what they’ve understood throughout their lives.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
- “To wish a life without stairs, without hills and mountains is to wish a dim life without the joy of rising with our own efforts.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Within and around the earth, within and around the hills, within and around the mountains your authority returns to you.” ― Joan Halifax
- “I know I can’t own a hilltop, a meadow, or a mountainside. But keeping it a secret somehow makes it mine.” ― Joyce Rachelle
- “The wastes of snow on the hill were ghostly in the moonlight. The stars were piercingly bright.” ― Maud Hart Lovelace
😍 Beautiful Mountain View Quotes for Instagram
If you’re looking for an Instagram caption for mountain views, here are some inspiring and motivating quotes about mountain views that remind us of how rewarding it is to hike.
- “Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead. Yes, it’s a harder process but it will lead you to a better view.” — Unknown
- “This mountain, the arched back of the earth risen before us, it made me feel humble, like a beggar, just lucky to be here at all, even briefly.” — Bridget Asher
- “Trust me, there are things in this mountain that will make your jaw bounce off the floor.”
- “Plains and valleys look more beautiful for those who have no hope of the summits!”
- “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” — Victoria Erikson
- “I love to sit on a mountain top and gaze. I don’t think of anything but the people I care about and the view.” — Julian Lennon
- “A sense of solemn aspiration comes upon us as we view the mountain. We are uplifted. The entire scale of being is raised. Our outlook on life seems all at once to have been heightened.”
- “I have found a dream of beauty at which one might look all one’s life and sigh.”
- “Don’t pay attention to the size of the mountain in front of you. Rather, think about what the view from the summit is going to be like.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Look at the mountains. Look and the oceans! No one else can change the oceans into mountains or mountains into oceans, because the work of God’s hands is the greatest.”
- “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” — Lori Lansens
- “Always be thankful for the little things… Even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” — Nyki Mack
- “The mountains here contained a sense of time, geologic time. They lay in embryo, a process unfolding, or a shriveled dying perhaps. They had the look of naked events.” ― Don DeLillo
- “The best view comes after the hardest climb.” — Unknown
- “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think of the view from the top.” — Unknown
- “A night on the mountain is better than a thousand nights in the city because you meet the universe on the mountain.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
❤️ Romantic Mountain Love Quotes
Here are some dreamy quotes about mountains and love that are romantic and adventurous. These love in the mountains quotes also make great captions for mountain photos with your loved ones.
- “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” — Lewis Carroll
- “Oh yes! I have couple-goals too. I love to couple myself with- Books, Coffee and Mountains.”
- “It doesn’t matter where you are going, it’s who you have beside you.” — Unknown
- “Ain’t no mountain high enough, ain’t no valley low enough, ain’t no river wide enough, to keep me from getting to you babe.” — Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- “What we find in a soulmate is not something wild to tame, but something wild to run with.”
- “Like the weightlessness of standing at the peak, a soulmate makes you feel free.” — Unknown
- “I don’t want to be ‘tied down’ with someone, I want to be set free with someone.” — Unknown
- “Find someone who is a home and an adventure all at once.” — Unknown
- “Couples who hike together stay together.” — Unknown
- “Instead of Netflix and chill, we watch sunsets on a hill.” — Unknown
- “Think of every date as one step up — they’re leading you to a beautiful peak.” — Unknown
- “I know there’s nature all around, but I can’t keep my eyes off of you.” — Unknown
- “Your partner is both home and adventure all at once.” — Unknown
🔮 Inspirational Mountain Quotes
Here are some inspirational quotes about mountains that are uplifting and encouraging. Some of these inspiring mountain quotes also make great captions about mountains for Instagram.
- “I appreciate why I come to the mountains: not to conquer them, but to immerse myself in their incomprehensible immensity.” — Jennifer Lowe-Anker
- “Be like a mountain, aim to touch the sky but stay rooted to the ground.” — Unknown
- “And if someday, my sons ask, “Dad, why did you choose to climb?” Smiling, I’ll reply, I climbed so you could fly.” — Mekael Shane
- “If you have the high spirit of the high mountains, even the greatest powers of the outer world will respect and admire you.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “All mountain landscapes hold stories: the ones we read, the ones we dream, and the ones we create.” ― Michael Kennedy
- “Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.”
- “Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.” — Andy Andrews
- “I like the mountains because they make me feel small,’ Jeff says. ‘They help me sort out what’s important in life.” — Mark Obmascik
- “Keep your goals as big as mountains. But if you want to achieve them, be sure to keep them unsullied by fear.” ― Chetan M. Kumbhar
- “There are far better things ahead than the ones we leave behind.” ― C.S. Lewis
- “You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.” — Tom Hiddleston
- “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books.”
- “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” — Sylvester Stallone
- “She asked him “What do you do when you feel alone and lonely?” And he said “I talk to the mountains!” ― Avijeet Das
⛰ Quotes About Moving Mountains
Here are some move mountains quotes that remind us to not give up in the face of obstacles. These motivating quotes on hills and mountains also make great mountain captions for Instagram.
- “You climb mountains with your feet, but can only move them with your soul.” ― M. Dhliwayo
- “We aren’t made to live in the shadow of daunting, haunting mountains. We were made to move them.” ― Elizabeth Griffin
- “Let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Faith can move mountains. Doubt can create them.” ― Unknown
- “I’m just moving clouds today, tomorrow I’ll try mountains.” ― Ashleigh Brilliant
- “If your mind can move mountains and swallow gods, why does it worry with helpless yesterdays and unborn tomorrows?” ― Kamand Kojouri
- “When faced with a large project, remember you move a mountain one stone at a time.”
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius
- “May you find the might to move your mountains.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Now, we are not afraid, although we know there’s much to fear, we were moving mountains long before we knew we could.” ― Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston, “When You Believe”
- “You cannot walk on water or move mountains without faith.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Kid, you’ll move mountains!” ― Dr. Seuss
- “You will be amazed at the mountains you can move if you just try!” ― Unknown
- “When you cannot move a mountain, it is only because you were meant to climb it.”
- “You can’t move mountains by whispering at them.” ― Pink
- “Whatever you want is behind the mountain of struggles. Nothing great comes with ease.”
- “That girl, she’s going to move mountains.” ― Unknown
- “If you can’t move a mountain by faith, move it by carrying away stone by stone.”
- “Love and gratitude can part seas, move mountains, and create miracles.” ― Rhonda Byrne
- “Persistence is the most powerful force on earth, it can move mountains.” ― Albert Einstein
Want to take the best mountain photos? Read my guide:
Best Cameras for Bloggers in 2023
🗻 Quotes About Mountain Tops
Here are some quotes about being on top of the mountain and what that really means in the large scale of things. In fact, some of these top of the mountain quotes say a lot about what’s actually important in life and they also make great, thought-provoking mountain top captions for Instagram.
- “A mountaintop is not simply an elevation, but an island, a world within a world, a place out of place.” ― Paul Gruchow
- “How you climb a mountain is more important than reaching the top.” — Yvon Chouinard
- “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” — Marianne Williamson
- “Mountain hikes instilled in me a life-long urge to get to the top of any inviting summit or peak.” — Paul D. Boyer
- “Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.” — Dag Hammarskjold
- “Reaching the top of a high mountain is just a personal victory. But for a victory to be important for the society, it has to be useful for humanity.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “It’s not all about the views from the top of the mountain, there are so many beautiful things you pass on your journey to the top. Appreciate the beauty along your path!” — Unknown
- “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” — Andy Rooney
- “What draws us from the low valleys to the high mountains is that noble stance of the summits.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “If you want to draw closer to God, don’t go climbing looking for mountaintop experiences, instead, go explore the fertile valleys of suffering.” ― Danny L Deaubé
- “Atop a mountain, one feels as close to the heavens as a bird soaring through the sky.”
- “You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know.” — Rene Daumal
- “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” — Andrew Garfield
- “To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top.” — Robert M. Pirsig
- “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself, the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” — Paulo Coelho
🏕 Quotes About Mountaineering
Here are some honest and funny mountaineering quotes and sayings that depict what life is like for professional climbers. You might also find some of these motivational mountaineering quotes inspirational.
- “Who wouldn’t be a mountaineer! Up here all the world’s prizes seem nothing.” — John Muir
- “Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer. Camp out among the grasses and gentians of glacial meadows, in craggy garden nooks full of nature’s darlings.“ — Unknown
- “It’s always further than it looks. It’s always taller than it looks. And it’s always harder than it looks.” — The three rules of mountaineering
- “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” — William Blake
- “Those who travel to mountain-tops are half in love with themselves, and half in love with oblivion.” — Robert Macfarlane
- “Going to the top of a high mountain to conquer it is a primitive thought. If you go up the mountain to touch him, to understand him, to feel what he’s going through and see what he sees, then you’re a good and an uncommon mountaineer.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “In the world of mountains, there will always be someone doing something bigger, better, and crazier.” ― Christine Reed
- “As a professional climber, that’s the question you always get: Why, why, why? It’s an ineffable thing; you can’t describe it.” — Jimmy Chin
- “You don’t climb mountains without a team, you don’t climb mountains without being fit, you don’t climb mountains without being prepared and you don’t climb mountains without balancing the risks and rewards. And you never climb a mountain on accident – it has to be intentional.” — Mark Udall
- “Climbing is one of the few sports in which the arena (the cliffs, the mountains, and their specific routes) acquire a notoriety that out-populates, outshines, and outlives the actual athletes.” — Jonathan Waterman
- “Once Everest was determined to be the highest summit on earth, it was only a matter of time before people decided that Everest needed to be climbed.” — Jon Krakauer
- “Life’s a bit like mountaineering — never look down.” — Edmund Hillary
- “Mountain hikes instilled in me a life-long urge to get to the top of any inviting summit or peak.” — Paul D. Boyer
- “The mountain decides whether you climb or not. The art of mountaineering is knowing when to go, when to stay, and when to retreat.” — Ed Viesturs
- “Accidents on big mountains happen when people’s ambitions cloud their good judgment. Good climbing is about climbing with heart and with instinct, not ambition and pride.”
⛅️ Quotes About Mountains and Clouds
Here are some dreamy and poetic quotes on mountains and clouds and quotes about hills and sky.
- “Among the clouds, we shared a cup of tea, the mountain and me.” ― Meeta Ahluwalia
- “May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” — Edward Abbey
- “The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.” — Edward Abbey
- “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” ― Victoria Kahler
- “In the presence of eternity, the mountains are as transient as the clouds.” — R. Ingersoll
- “When you stand at the bottom of the mountain and look up at the mountaintop, the path looks hard and stony, and the top is obscured by clouds. But when you reach the top and you look down, you realize that there are a thousand paths that could have brought you to that place.” — Roz Savage
- “Clouds come and go, the mountain remains.” ― Meeta Ahluwalia
- “Moonlight disappears down the hills, mountains vanish into fog, and I vanish into poetry.”
- “Gazing out from the mountains, the clouds are whiter, the sky is bluer, the air seeping into your lungs is as clear as the water roaring down from the snow, melting on the high peaks. A place where heaven is a little closer.” — Virginia Alison
- “The great Rocky Mountains, softly shaded in gray, were submerged in a sea of fluffy white clouds, feathery wisps enveloping the peaks like a kingdom of the air.” — G. Sweeney
❄️ Dreamy Snow Mountain Quotes
Here are some dreamy snowy mountains quotes that give off total winter wonderland vibes. These snow capped mountains quotes also make great captions for snowy mountains.
- “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a ski pass.” — Unknown
- “Only mountains can feel the frozen warmth of the sun through snow’s gentle caress on their peaks.” — Munia Khan
- “There is nothing in the world like going out onto an untouched, open, virgin mountain slope, drenched under a thick blanket of new powder snow. It gives a supreme feeling of freedom, mobility. A great sense of flying, moving anywhere in a great white paradise.” — Hans Gmoser
- “A bad day on the slopes beats a good day at work.” — Unknown
- “You are one with your skis and nature. This is something that develops not only the body but the soul as well, and it has a deeper meaning for people than most of us perceive.”
- “Life is like skiing. Just like skiing, the goal is not to get to the bottom of the hill. It’s to have a bunch of good runs before the sun sets.” — Seth Godin
- “There is no such thing as too much snow.” — Doug Coombs
- “Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Feel the mountain and let it show you how you’re going to ski it. Relax and cruise. This isn’t a fight, it’s a dance, and the mountain always leads.” — Jim Bowden
- “The brightest of all nightscapes is to be found when a full moon shines on winter mountains. Such a landscape offers the maximum reflection, being white, planar, tilted and polished.”
🙏🏼 Peaceful Mountain Life Quotes
Here are some life in the mountains quotes that depict the peacefulness and joy that come with being in nature.
- “Life sucks a lot less when you add mountain air, a campfire and some peace and quiet.”
- “Mountains are not stadiums where I satisfy my ambition to achieve, they are the cathedrals where I practice my religion.” — Anatoli Boukreev
- “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.”
- “There is no wifi in the mountains, but I promise you will find a better connection.” — Unknown
- “My happy place… The forest, the mountains… No better place to recharge than in the embrace of Mother Nature.” — Unknown
- “Forget about the money for a moment. Lose yourself in the wilderness, listen to the music of the softly blowing winds, feel the rain on your bare skin, let the mountains take the burden off your shoulders.” ― Kiran Bisht
- “Throw me to the mountains, I’ll be at peace as long as I will live.” ― Shashank Rayal
- “Mountains are giant, restful, absorbent. You can heave your spirit into a mountain and the mountain will keep it, folded, and not throw it back as some creeks will. The creeks are the world with all its stimulus and beauty; I live there. But the mountains are home.” ― A. Dillard
- “Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains.” — William Shakespeare
- “We are lucky that mountains exist; we are lucky that we have such beautiful sanctuaries on earth where we can enjoy utter silence and heavenly rise.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “At least now I knew that my heart was wedded to the mountains — to the wild places. It was there, and there alone, that I was whole, contented, and blissful. No relationship, career, or wealth could ever take its place.” ― Heather “Anish” Anderson
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” — John Muir
- “The only Zen you can find on the tops of mountains is the Zen you bring up there.“ — R. Pirsig
- “If you are faced with a mountain, you have several options. You can climb it and cross to the other side. You can go around it. You can dig under it. You can fly over it. You can blow it up. You can ignore it and pretend it’s not there. You can turn around and go back the way you came. Or you can stay on the mountain and make it your home.” — Vera Nazarian
Want to work from the outdoors? Read my guide:
Best Laptops for Travelers in 2023
🌿 Nature Mountain Quotes
Here are some quotes on mountains and sky and quotes on hills and nature that remind us of the joy of being outdoors.
- “Mountains are the beginning and the end of all natural scenery.” — John Ruskin
- “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” — John Muir
- “Mountains make me believe that nothing can be bigger than nature, not even human ego.”
- “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” — Chinese Proverb
- “It is true that every mountain has four faces, and one tends to know but one.” ― C. Fuentes
- “Mountains, according to the angle of view, the season, the time of day, the beholder’s frame of mind, or any one thing, can effectively change their appearance. Thus, it is essential to recognize that we can never know more than one side, one small aspect of a mountain.”
- “The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world.” — Georges Simenon
- “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” — John Mackey
- “Whenever I see a mountain, I remember God is still alive.” ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “These great trees of the mountains, I feel they know me well, as I watch them & listen to their secrets, happy to rest my head beneath their outstretched arms.” ― Ruskin Bond
- “Mountains are earth’s undecaying monuments.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “The mountains stand as if they have been there since the beginning of time.” ― Foster Kinn
- “I like geography best, he said, because your mountains & rivers know the secret. Pay no attention to boundaries.” — Brian Andreas
- “I’d rather be in the mountains thinking of God than in church thinking of the mountains.”
💪🏼 Motivational Mountain Quotes
Here are some more mountain lover quotes that may just inspire you to venture further on your next adventure. Many of these mountain motivational quotes are spoken by famous mountaineers themselves.
- “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.” — Tyler Knott
- “You won, this time. But you are as big as you are ever going to get. And I’m still growing.”
- “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” — Sir Rannulph Fiennes
- “No matter the height of them, faith takes the mountains that stand in front of us and makes them the road that passes under us.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “May your dreams be larger than mountains and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” — Harley King
- “I strive to climb mountains, forge streams and oceans to find the unwelcome silence that mocks my existence; I must aim higher.” — Virginia Alison
- “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain — he is inspired by it. The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem — he is challenged by it. Mountains are created to be conquered; adversities are designed to be defeated; problems are sent to be solved.” — William Arthur Ward
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” — Barry Finlay
- “Mountains which block your way are mostly created by your own wrong thinking.”
- “Mountains are only a problem when they are bigger than you. You should develop yourself so much that you become bigger than the mountains you face.” — Idowu Koyenikan
- “The farthest mountain is the one you think you can never reach and it may even be just by the side of you!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Keep moving through valleys to find your sight, as the dark becomes the light. Keep moving up mountains to find your strength, as you climb the hardest length.” ― Laura Roberts
- “Your situation may seem to look permanent and you may find massive mountains soaring against you but you have the power to bring these mountains down low to bring forth change and progress which were unbearable yesterday.” ― Patricia Dsouza
- “When the wind calls, you know, that somewhere in the mountains, it has found the answers that you were looking for. The pull of the horizon overcomes the inertia of reason… And you just have to go.” — Vikram Oberoi
🚵🏼♀️ Mountain Adventure Quotes
Here are some mountain travel quotes that perfectly depict the thrill of the climb. These adventure mountain quotes also make great mountain captions for Instagram.
- “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” — John Amatt
- “Real adventure is defined best as a journey from which you may not come back alive, and certainly not as the same person.” — Yvon Chouinard
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” — Helen Keller
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” — T.S. Eliot
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.” — Paulo Coelho
- “Mostly the restless people of the valleys climb the tough peaks of the mountains. The rest, the peaceful ones always stay in the valleys. Adventure is the invention of restless minds.”
- “Any coward can sit at home and criticize a pilot for flying into a mountain in a fog. But I would rather by far die on a mountainside than in bed.” — Charles Lindbergh
- “Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul.”
- “Without mountains, we might find ourselves relieved that we can avoid the pain of the ascent, but we will forever miss the thrill of the summit. And in such a terribly scandalous trade-off, it is the absence of pain that becomes the thief of life.” — Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “We are now in the mountains and they are in us, kindling enthusiasm, making every nerve quiver, filling every pore and cell of us.” — John Muir
- “If adventure has a final and all-embracing motive, it is surely this: we go out because it is our nature to go out, to climb mountains, and to paddle rivers, to fly to the planets and plunge into the depths of the oceans… When man ceases to do these things, he is no longer man.”
- “That’s what mountains do, they taunt you, lure you to the freedom of the wilderness, and it is f*cking exhilarating.” ― Shannon M Mullen
🌲 More Meaningful Mountain Quotes
Here are some more meaningful mountain quotes about life that definitely speak some truths.
- “Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.” — Richard M. Nixon
- “In the mountains, you are sometimes invited, sometimes tolerated, and sometimes told to go home.” — Fred Beckey
- “No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied — it speaks in silence to the very core of your being.” — Ansel Adams
- “It disturbed me that people would come to the mountains and regard the place as if it was somehow unreal, as if no action of theirs could have an effect on the landscape.” ― Sid Marty
- “The only way to fully know the soul of a mountain is to live it’s all seasons and it’s all heights and the same thing is valid for people as well.” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “The mountains are a demanding, cold place, and they don’t allow for mistakes.” — C. Anker
- “It is better to master one mountain than a thousand foothills.” — William Arthur Ward
- “In the mountains, there are only two grades: You can either do it, or you can’t.” — Rusty Baillie
- “Human life is far more important than just getting to the top of a mountain.” — E. Hillary
- “So this was what a mountain was like, the same as a person: the more you know, the less you fear.” — Wu Ming-Yi
- “I am convinced that the jealous, the angry, the bitter, and the egotistical are the first to race to the top of mountains. A confident person enjoys the journey, the people they meet along the way and sees life not as a competition.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “Mountains terrify me – they just sit about; they are so proud.“ — Sylvia Plath
- “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top, and then go down.” — J. Moreau
🌋 Final Thoughts on These Quotes on Mountains
I hope these 200+ quotes for mountains were enjoyable to read and that you’ve also found a great Instagram caption for mountain photos! If you feel inspired to go on some mountain adventures, here are some of the most breathtaking mountains and hikes around the world: the Dolomites in Italy, Kirkjufell in Iceland, Table Mountain in South Africa, Machu Picchu in Peru, Roy’s Peak in New Zealand, Mount Fuji in Japan, Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, and Matterhorn in Switzerland.
I hope these 200+ quotes with mountains have given you some inspiration!
For more travel quotes, discover:
✈️ 300+ Travel Captions for Instagram That Will Spark Your Wanderlust
🏔 200+ Best Hiking Quotes & Funny Hiking Captions for Instagram
🏝 200+ On The Beach Quotes & Funny Beach Captions for Instagram
💧 180 Waterfall Quotes & Perfect Waterfall Captions for Instagram
🌄 Sunset Captions for Instagram: 300 Epic Sunset Quotes & Puns