Let’s be real, waterfalls are definitely some of the most beautiful sights that Mother Nature has provided us with. From the beautiful cataracts of Thailand and China to the dramatic waterfalls in Iceland and Croatia, this natural phenomenon is bound to take our breaths away.
Here are 180 best waterfall quotes that perfectly capture the magic of the falls and the feelings they inspire. You’ll find a variety of different quotes on waterfalls in this article, including short sayings, witty anecdotes, and romantic quotes about waterfalls and love.
If you’re searching for the perfect waterfall captions for Instagram, you’re in luck too! There are plenty of catchy and hilarious phrases in this article that are bound to capture your audience’s attention.
You might also be interested in:
🏝 300+ Beach Quotes & Captions for Instagram
🏞 200+ Mountain Quotes & Captions for Instagram
🌅 300 Best Sunset Captions for Instagram
🏔 200+ Hiking Quotes & Captions for Instagram
💧 Short Quotes on Waterfalls
Let’s start with these witty, inspirational, and poetic short waterfall quotes. They’re perfect for those of you who want to capture your Instagram audience’s attention with catchy and memorable waterfalls quotes.
- “Tripping on skies, sipping on waterfalls.” — Unknown
- “Happiness comes in rushes.” — Unknown
- “Tell your dream to the waterfall.” — Sellâle
- “Adopt the pace of nature.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Run wild and free like a waterfall.” — Anamika Mishra
- “Keep close to nature’s heart.” — Unknown
- “The waterfall winks at every passerby.” ― Marty Rubin
- “Just let go — and fall like a little waterfall.” — Bob Ross
- “Every teardrop is a waterfall.” — Coldplay
- “Grace be the waterfall in the wild of my mind.” — Unknown
- “Sometimes, all you need is a change in scenery.” — Unknown
- “Oh baby baby it’s a wild world.” — Cat Stevens, “Wild World”
- “Waterfalls are nature’s waterslide.” — Unknown
- “Water your roots so your soul can blossom.” — Unknown
- “When water falls, it flies.” — Anthony T. Hincks
- “Water is the driving force of all nature.” — Leonardo da Vinci
- “The water tells none of its secrets.” — Nikos Engonopoulos
- “Like a river, life doesn’t flow backward.” — Unknown
- “Where water is the boss and the land must obey.” — Unknown
- “For an instant, silence, noisier than a waterfall.” — Salman Rushdie
📸 Best Waterfall Captions for Instagram
To best engage your Instagram audience, it’s important to make your waterfall captions funny and engaging. These cheeky and sometimes pun-filled one-liner captions for waterfall pics range from playful to inspiring and will help you create a thumb-stopping post.
- Just go with the flow.
- Sorry, TLC. I chased the waterfall.
- OK Mother Nature, I see you flexing.
- Good to the last drop.
- Live in the water, love by the moon.
- Livestreaming. Literally.
- Not every paradise is tropical.
- Always take the scenic route.
- When it rains, it pours.
- Hike more, worry less.
- Home is where the water is.
- I’ve got nature vibes.
- The water is calling and I must go.
- Just gushing with joy.
- Not complaining about this view.
- Wild, beautiful, and free.
- Dreams are made of trails and waterfalls.
- We start in different places, but we all meet in the ocean.
- No time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.
- Let this waterfall wash over me.
- BRB, chasing waterfalls.
- Life is better with waterfalls.
- You can catch me by the river.
- Streaming now on Netflix…
- Paradise found.
- Falling in love with this place.
- You can call me an aqua-holic.
- Nature never goes out of style.
- Water you up to today? I’m just chasing this waterfall.
- Sitting here pondering the meaning of life.
- Life doesn’t flow backward.
🤓 Witty Quotes About Falls
These clever waterfall sayings by famous writers and public figures make the perfect captions for waterfalls if you’re looking to grab your audience’s attention with some witty and thought-provoking quotes.
- “We start in different places, but in the end, we all meet at the waterfall.” — Unknown
- “There is a hidden message in every waterfall. It says, if you are flexible, falling will not hurt you.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Remember, the trick to not getting swept over the waterfall is swimming upstream.”
- “When you are outpouring your emotion, it is like me trying to climb up a waterfall. To get to you. But if you are calm and have faith in me, I can sail right over to you. On the still waters of your soul.” ― Kate McGahan
- “Water is the most perfect traveler because when it travels it becomes the path itself.”
- “Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing, in the end, can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child. Remember you are half water. If you can’t go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.” — Margaret Atwood
- “A very wise quote is a spectacular waterfall. When you see it, you feel its power.”
- “Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream, have faith in its course. It will go on its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you.” ― Sheng-yen
- “You cannot hear the waterfall if you stand next to it. I paint my jungles in the desert.”
🙏🏼 Peaceful Waterfall Quotes and Sayings
Looking for a caption for waterfall pics that transmits peaceful and soothing vibes? Here are some calming quotes about falls to immerse yourself and your audience into!
- “There’s no better place to find yourself than sitting by a waterfall and listening to its music.”
- “When I was walking in the mountains with the Japanese man and began to hear the water, he said, ‘What is the sound of the waterfall?’ ‘Silence,’ he finally told me.” — Jack Gilbert
- “I can see my rainbow calling me through the misty breeze of my waterfall.” — Jimi Hendrix
- “There is a waterfall in every dream. Cool and crystal clear, it falls gently on the sleeper, cleansing the mind and soothing the soul.” ― Virginia Alison
- “Look for yourself in the waterfall — still for just a moment before moving on again.”
- “As the music played over the speakers and the waterfall in the pool filled the silence around us, I knew that, without a doubt, I had just been ruined.” ― Abbi Glines
- “Another way to look at meditation is to view the process of thinking itself as a waterfall, a continual cascading of thought. In cultivating mindfulness we are going beyond or behind our thinking, much the way you might find a vantage point in a cave or depression in a rock behind a waterfall. We still see and hear the water, but we are out of the torrent.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Once we have tasted far streams, touched the gold, found some limit beyond the waterfall, a season changes, and we come back changed but safe, quiet, grateful.” ― William Stafford
🏃🏼 Chasing Waterfall Quotes
These falls quotes about chasing rapids make great Instagram captions for waterfalls that will inspire others to go out into the wild and seek adventures.
- “Grace is finding a waterfall when you were only looking for a stream.” — Vanessa Hunt
- “Go wherever you feel most alive.” — Unknown
- “It was more than just the gentle tumble of the waterfall, or the wind or the sound of birds. It was much, much more he knew. He looked about him and he knew he had found what he had been looking for.” — Michael Delaware
- “I need waves. I need waterfalls. I want rushing currents.” — Tahereh Mafi
- “Chasing waterfalls. Be back never.” — Unknown
- “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” — Unknown
- “Do you seek adventure beyond the treacherous waterfalls? Do you seek the mythical being that dwells in this unreachable place? If you do, then you must first find me.” — Unknown
- “We are all naturally seekers of wonders. We travel far to see the majesty of old ruins, the venerable forms of the hoary mountains, great waterfalls, and galleries of art. And yet the world’s wonder is all around us; the wonder of setting suns, and evening stars, of the magic spring-time, the blossoming of the trees, the strange transformations of the moth.”
- “And down the waterfall where ever it may take me, I know that life won’t break me when I come to call.” — Robbie Williams, “Angels”
💙 Waterfall Love Quotes & Captions
Here are some romantic sayings about waterfalls to share with your loved ones. You’ll find long, poetic quotes for waterfalls that will tug at the heartstrings as well as phrases that are short and sweet.
- “I’ve lost control, I paddle, but you’re too strong. But I gotta trust your flow, cause boy, I’m in your waterfall.” ― P!nk, Sia, Stargate
- “Your love is like a waterfall, running wild and free.” ― Chris Tomlin
- “I think love is the greatest force in the universe. It’s shapeless like water. It only takes the shape of things it becomes.” ― Guillermo del Toro
- “Something’s going down like a waterfall, some strong feeling’s some old love.” ― C. Simon
- “She dares me to pour myself out like a living waterfall. She dares me to enter the soul that is more than my own; she extinguishes fear in mere seconds. She lets light come through.”
- I keep on falling in and out of love with you.
- “I love you like a river that understands that it must learn to flow differently over waterfalls and to rest in the shallows.” ― Paulo Coelho
- “Under the waterfall, take your time, I don’t mind if we stay in the rain. These liquid skies will show the way.” ― The Anever
- “I used to believe that love was finding someone who would lead you through the deep water.”
- Kiss me under a waterfall.
- “Have you ever stood where a stream spills into a river? The two become one. They laugh over the stones together, twist through the sharp canyons together, plunge down the waterfalls together. It is the same when a man and woman love one another. It is not always a pleasant thing, but when it happens, a man has little to say about it. Women, like streams, can be smooth one minute and make a man feel like he’s swimming through white water the next.”
- “All anyone can hope for is just a tiny bit of love, like a drop in a cup if you can get it, or a waterfall, a flood, if you can get that too.” ― Edwidge Danticat
- “The fall of your hair is rushing through my head like elegant waterfalls repeatedly dancing down into an open riverbed.” ― Curtis Tyrone Jones
- Water-falling in love with this place.
- “I shift, an infinitesimal movement, towards him. It is like the leap from a waterfall. I do not know, until then, what I am going to do.” ― Madeline Miller
🌿 Nature Waterfall Quotes
These inspirational nature waterfall quotes capture the joy and peace that being outdoors can bring. Some of these insightful waterfall nature quotes are also short and snappy, making the perfect waterfall captions for Instagram.
- “Someone caught the nature bug. And that someone would be me.” — Unknown
- “While people are struggling unhappily in the cities against the cruel authorities, a waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in the nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.”
- “When the moonlight and the waterfall come together, all other things fade from the scene.”
- “The waterfall is nature’s laughter.” — Unknown
- “As long as I live, I’ll hear waterfalls and birds and winds sing. I’ll interpret the rocks, learn the language of flood, storm, and the avalanche. I’ll acquaint myself with the glaciers and wild gardens, and get as near the heart of the world as I can.” — John Muir
- “We would no longer pass sweet breezy days in our sleek tent, in mossy hills and sun, showering in waterfalls. That era was now our memory, a shared dream.” — Aspen Matis
- “A waterfall is a miracle of nature.” — Unknown
- “There’s nobody living who couldn’t stand all afternoon in front of a waterfall. Anyone who can sit on a stone in a field awhile can see my painting. Nature is like parting a curtain, you go into it as you would cross an empty beach to look at the ocean.” — Agnes Martin
- “A waterfall is nature’s shower.” — Unknown
- “The river plunged down in a long waterfall, plashing into several rocky pools on its way down the cliff.” — Alison Croggon
✨ Inspirational Quotes About Waterfalls
These inspirational waterfall quotes by writers and public figures make the perfect uplifting and motivating Instagram captions about waterfalls.
- “There’s hope at the bottom of the biggest waterfall.” — Patrick Ness
- “The higher you climb, the better the view.” — Unknown
- “I love places that make you realize how tiny you and your problems are.” — Unknown
- “There’s music in water. Brooks babbling, fountains splashing. Weirs, waterfalls tumbling, gushing.” — Julie Andrews
- “I keep my gratitude in my smile, a glistening waterfall in the sun.” — Sanober Khan
- “She’ll carry on through it all. She’s a waterfall.” — Unknown
- “Look for tomorrow behind every waterfall.” — Unknown
- “The idea is that flowing water never goes stale, so just keep on flowing.” — Bruce Lee
- “The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it’s so great, because for a little bit I’m out of my brain, and it’s got nothing to do with me.”
- “A waterfall is concerned only with being itself, not with doing something it considers waterfall-like.” — Vernon Howard
- “Waterfalls wouldn’t sound so melodious if there were no rocks in their way.”
- “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Many a calm river begins as a turbulent waterfall, yet none hurtles and foams all the way to the sea.” — Mikhail Lermontov
😂 Funny Waterfall Quotes & Captions
Here are some hilarious waterfall puns for Instagram and humorous waterfall captions that will make your audience smile. These funny waterfall captions also include jokes by famous comedians such as Ellen DeGeneres!
- I would caption this with a waterfall pun, but that’s too main-stream.
- I fell in love with the waterfall pretty rapid-ly.
- I really have to get my plumbing fixed.
- This view is gorges!
- Hello, nature, I’ve really mist you.
- “Romance often begins by a splashing waterfall and ends over a leaky sink.” ― Ellen
- Watery waiting for? Just jump in!
- So this is what all the foss is about…
- I have no current plans.
- “When God takes a shower, waterfalls come to life around the world. When I take a shower, my hair usually clogs the drain.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
- Let’s make some pour decisions!
- These waterfalls have me roaring with excitement.
- I’ve never mist a chance to see a waterfall.
- “In America, one sure sign of success is the presence of an unnecessary waterfall in a person’s yard.” ― Demetri Martin
- I would fall-ow you to the ends of the Earth.
- “Canoe + Waterfall = I don’t go camping anymore.” ― Demetri Martin
- It’s all downhill from here.
- This river is too mainstream.
- I just heard a joke about a waterfall. It was a pour joke.
- “You don’t always get the waterfall shortcut in Mario Kart. That’s life.” ― Jack Barakat
💪🏼 Powerful Waterfall Quotes
Looking for a caption for waterfalls that conveys the sheer force of the rapids? These thought-provoking waterfalls quotes and sayings help us reflect on the meaning of waterfalls’ power.
- “The power of a waterfall is nothing but a lot of drips working together.” — Unknown
- “Waterfalls are exciting because they have power, they have rainbows, they have songs, and they have boldness and craziness.” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “A waterfall cannot be silent, just as wisdom. When they speak, the voice of power speaks.”
- “My desert soul erupts with turquoise water, floods and cascades and waterfalls rushing in around my stone, swirling and eddying around my rocky parts, pushing and reshaping and filling every hidden dark spot.” — Kiersten White
- “Not a hundred feet away the river roared over a cliff’s-edge, and we weren’t really leaves, even if I’d been careful to forget that.” — Naomi Novik
- “You don’t have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better.” — Sharon G. Larsen
- “My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.” — Mel Brooks
- “No matter how powerful a waterfall is, it cannot be heard from far away because all waterfalls are local. If you want the whole world to hear you, take a universal position where all can see you, just like the Moon, just like the Sun.” — Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I love the sounds and the power of pounding water, whether it is the waves or a waterfall.”
🧬 Quotes About Waterfalls and Life
These quotes about waterfall and life have a lot to teach us. It turns out that we can draw a lot of metaphors about human nature by observing nature itself, as shown through these clever waterfall life quotes!
- “Life is like a waterfall. It is always moving and there is always an uneven flow to it.”
- “Lessons from a waterfall — Keep moving, and you will eventually get over it.” — Unknown
- “A strong person and a waterfall always carve their own path.” — Unknown
- “Do not feel sad for your tears as rocks never regret the waterfalls.” — Munia Khan
- “We say that life is sweet, its satisfactions deep. All this we say, as we sleepwalk our time through years of days and nights. We let time cascade over us like a waterfall, believing it to be never-ending. Yet each day that touches us, and every man in the world is unique; irredeemable; over. And just another Monday.” — Josephine Hart
- “A waterfall happily and cheerfully flows in nature; there is happiness only if there is freedom.” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things.” — Nicholas Sparks
- “Our lives flow like water in a waterfall.” — Unknown
- “Life is naked. A nude body is the truest and noblest symbol of life. If I draw a mountain as a heap of human forms and paint a waterfall in the shape of tumbling human bodies, it is because I see in the mountain a heap of living things, and in the waterfall a precipitate current of life.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “The vast waterfall of history pours down, and a few obituarists fill teacups with the stories.”
- “Sometimes, it’s hard to tell how fast the current’s moving until you’re headed over a waterfall.” — Kimberly McCreight
- “Life is like a waterfall — in the end, we’re all one.” — Unknown
- “They say that people who live next to waterfalls don’t hear the water.” — Jonathan Foer
- “With meditation, I found a ledge above the waterfall of my thoughts.” — Mary Pipher
- “They both listened silently to the water, which to them was not just water, but the voice of life, the voice of Being, the voice of perpetual Becoming.” — Hermann Hesse
- “When you’re young, there’s so much that you can’t take in. It’s pouring over you like a waterfall. When you’re older, it’s less intense, but you’re able to reach out and drink it. I love being older.” — Sigourney Weaver
😍 Beautiful Waterfall Quotes for Instagram
Here are some waterfall quotations that capture the true beauty of this natural phenomenon. These inspiring sayings would make the perfect dreamy waterfall IG captions.
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” — John Ruskin
- “Look with open eyes, and you will see the beauty of the waterfall.” — Anthony Hincks
- “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this.” — John Ruskin
- “Above them, a waterfall tumbled from a clifftop as high as a church steeple. The water fell in milky blue strands, shooting spray in the air that danced in rainbows of gold, pink, and blue.”
- “Emerald slopes became so tall they touched the clouds, and showers painted diamond waterfalls that sluiced down cliff sides.” — Victoria Kahler
- “God is discovered entirely through creation — the brilliance of a sunset, the powerful roar of a waterfall, the symphony of sounds you hear in the heart of the forest, or the vastness of space and its countless stars.” — Benjamin F Sullivan
- “A river seems a magic thing. A magic, moving, living part of the very earth itself.”
- “There is nothing more magical than a waterfall.” — Unknown
- “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” — Jawaharlal Nehru
- “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” — Loren Eiseley
🏞 More Quotes for Waterfalls
Here are some more waterfall picture captions and waterfall quotes Instagram to inspire your next trip into nature.
- “Great things are over every fall and around every bend.” — Unknown
- “We made our way to the very edge of the cliff and looked down. We could hear the water dashing, splashing, and roaring as if angry at the small space through which it was forced to pass.” — Sallie Hester
- “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.”
- “Experiencing the present purely is being empty and hollow; you catch grace as a man fills his cup under a waterfall.” — Annie Dillard
- “By the time we arrived, as evening was approaching, I felt as sore as a rock must feel when the waterfall has pounded on it all day long.” — Unknown
- “Be careful crossing the waterfall, it’s a fatal spot.” — Karl Meltzer
- “And when you hear the sound of the waterfall coming nearer and nearer, tidy up the boat, put on your best tie and hat, and smoke a cigar right up till the moment you go over. That’s a triumph.” — Ray Bradbury
- “I feel like water that transforms from a flowing river to a tranquil lake to a powerful waterfall to a freshwater spring to a meandering creek to a salty sea to raindrops gentle on your face to hard, stinging hail to frost on a mountaintop, and back to a river again.” — María Farinango
- “Young leaves, the sound of a waterfall, heard from far and near.” — Yosa Buson
- “Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains, everywhere and that the present only exists for it, not the shadow of the past nor the shadow of the future.” ― Hermann Hesse
🙌🏼 Final Thoughts on These Falls Quotes
I hope you found these waterfall quotes funny and uplifting! If you feel inspired to go out and explore some waterfalls, here are some of the most breathtaking waterfalls around the world: Angel Falls in Venezuela, Niagara Falls in Canada & the USA, Victoria Falls in Zambia & Zimbabwe, Iguazu Falls in Argentina & Brazil, and the many, many stunning waterfalls in Iceland including Kirkjufellsfoss, Skógafoss, and Seljalandsfoss.